Thursday, September 1, 2011

From paper to life.

This is a work that I hope to have enlarged and painted on a wall of one of my future homes.  Scott Avett from the Avett Brothers, my favorite band, was the artist, which makes this piece even more important to me.  This work represents one aspect of the world that sits very close to my heart: the beautiful coexistence of humans and nature.  Strong hands aid in the growth of the vines as well as handle them gently.  Not only is this drawing a work of art, but nature in itself is a work of art.  Do not forget that while walking or class or eating lunch on the lawn.  Take a break from books for a while and look out the window.  Vanderbilt has more than just academics to offer :]

P.s. Check out the Avett Brothers...they rock my socks.

Love always,
Madeline

3 comments: